Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bald Eagle Oil Painting Demonstration by Greg Neal

I live in Dunedin, Florida, which sits on the central gulf coast. There is a fabulour state park in my town, Honeymoon Island. There you can find nature trails, pristine beaches which have not been polluted by commercial establishments, and even a dog beach. Sitting just off Honeymoon Island is Caladesi Island, which was voted the #1 beach in America in 2008. Needless to say, I frequent this place often, and it has been the inspiration for a number of my paintings.
     A few months ago, I was walking the nature trail with Oakley, my black lab. We were fortunate enough to come across a pair of nesting bald eagles. After a little bit of patience, I was able to take some amazing pictures which is what led to this painting.
     If you would like to see how this painting came to life, you can watch me paint it in the video below. Let me know what you think!...and as always...enjoy!