Thursday, February 3, 2011

SIX-COLOR LIMITED PALETTE ACRYLIC EXPERIMENT - GARY GARRETT PAINTING DEMO

http://www.youtube.com/user/GaryGarrett - Please click "Watch in Hi Quality". Hi again... this is an experiment using the 6 color, limited palette that I have been testing on small paintings. The palette is: TITANIUM WHITE, CADNIUM YELLOW MEDIUM, YELLOW OXIDE, NAPHTHAL CRIMSON, PRUSSIAN BLUE nad PAYNE'S GREY. Attempting to paint plein aire with a lighter load. The trees are those in my front yard, the overall compostion is made up as I went. I was also experimenting with a blotted under painting of the foreground "shrub vegetation" with liner brush details,which I think worked very well... looks VERY prickly. The edges are taped off (1&1/2") that were later sprayed with a textured stone paint to simulate a linen mat when used with the inexpensive frame I had for this one. I will do a video on that technique soon. The music is "Cudjoe Key", one of my original pieces along with the natural sounds recorded at the time.


Thanks for watching.