Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tomoka River Memories - Gary Garrett painting demo oil on Canvas 11x14

Painted in the studio from my memories of the Tomoka River, located near Ormond Beach, Florida (roughly geo:lat=29.338189063782863 geo:lon=-81.08699798583984).... one of my favorite locations... just don't get there enough.

No paint-related experiments this time, just wanted to paint something in oils and I like this location. This one is painted using Winsor & Newton's "Artisan" water mixable oils, Artisan gloss glaze medium and safflower oil on a stretched 11x14 canvas. I did not like the way the river grasses were going on at first, so, being oils, wiped it off and tried again. I plan to add an egrit in it later when the layers are thoroughly dry. The sound track is a rhythm track I made using a Mixman DM2 mixed with nature/birds sounds recorded on prior plein air paint-outs.

I hope you like it or learn something from it, I so, please leave a comment and a rating.

Thank you for watching!


- YouTube

- Google